And here I am, after a long break from my previous post !
But this time I have with me an exiting travel experience to this wonderful, fun filled adventurous destination where you folks would like to visit once.
Any guesses …?
guess..guess (to myself: Hell! Its already in the title, oh now wakes up).
I would like to talk about two places here, these are the two forest ranges and are 100 Km apart from each other:
- Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary
- Anshi Wildlife Sanctuary
Yes, I’m talking about ‘Dandeli-Anshi wildlife sanctuary – One of the Tiger reserve in Karnataka’ situated in Uttara kannada district of Karnataka. Area wise its a pretty huge forest range and second largest wildlife sanctuary in Karnataka. It shares
its border with Goa and close enough from Hubli and Karwar.
It was around 21:30 hrs here when we left Bangalore by VRL travels and took us 11 long hours to reach the Dandeli city. Of course we have KSRTC buses plying from Bangalore and other major cities.
(All travel related plans are done keeping in mind Bangalore as origin)
The nearest railway station to Dandeli is Hubli(80Km) also Karwar(110Km). There are many trains between Bangalore(SBC) and Hubli(UBL) as well as Karwar(KAWR). Distance between Bangalore to Dandeli is 480 Km.
There are many options for staying at this place, I would like to quote a few places out of my experience. Accommodation and food is what matters a lot when you visit places like thick and dense forest, rates are really high for rooms and lodges here, usually they charge per person per night basis, so prior arrangements need to be made before visiting.
- Jungle camps and trails, Kulagi – here they have good camps to stay and provide food if said prior.
- Jungle lodges and resorts – they have many adventures sports packages and staying facility.
- Anshi evergreen camps – this place is very close to Karwar[50 Km].
- Few home stays.
- Wildlife museum at Kulagi
- Birders trail near Kulagi
- Wildlife safari + view point on the way to safari + Kavala caves(need to register at the entrance of safari)
- Ambikanagar KPCL power generation plant + kali river view point
- Syntheri rocks
- Ulavi Chennabasveshwara Temple (on the way to Anshi)
- “The white water rafting in Kali”, need to contact Jungle lodges & resorts for booking.
- Timber yard, Hornbill is very common bird here thus adopted in there logo.
- Paper mill.
Pleasant : October-February
Rafting : November-June
Driest : April-June (reaches 40° C)